Slider_JavaScript

Saturday Morning at Sadies (among other things)

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Not too far from here is a marvelous place chock full of junk trash treasures waiting to be discovered. I LOVE going to the Flea Market! Funny thing is, I haven't been there in a really long time (time being the very reason of my absence). When DD and I decided to go, I could hardly wait. I'll admit it was awfully hot, but I wouldn't have missed that for anything. We had a fine time poking through all of things for sale; some of which were quite interesting (and some, utterly bizarre ;o) Like this chair that looks like something from a Hollyweird movie set from 1929. Who needs a Barcalounger when you can park this heinous monstrosity in front of your flat screen? Although I'm sure it's a definite conversation piece, I can't quite fathom the context of that particular conversation (though I can hazard a guess at the general direction of it *giggle*).

What really blew my mind, was the astronomical price tag hanging from the top. Of course now I'll have to go back, if for no other reason than to find out if someone is ridiculous enough to actually cough up 700 Simoleans for it. Can you imagine? Not even if you moved that decimal point three places to the left, buddy. Although, if that's an offer of payment to take it off your hands...

Well, this is as far as I got for this week's post. Not doing too well, am I? We've had quite a bit going on; the details of which I hope to be able to share with you next week. One thing I DID take the time to do for you was to make a ('nother-other ;o) slideshow. I went to a privately owned zoo (McClellands) with my friend Carolyn and her two girls (who I'll call big J and little j for privacy purposes). I mentioned my friend Carolyn a long time ago (this post), when Lori and I had a decorative field day in her guest bedroom. She had made the monumental decision to become a foster parent and had asked us to help her set it up for children. Embarrassingly, I realized just this morning that I spelled her name wrong in the old post. I couldn't remember if she was an "i" or a "y", so I guessed; quite wrongly it seems. Profound apologies, Carolyn! :o/ She's cared for numerous children since that time and endured all manner of criticism for opening her heart and home as a foster parent. As for me? Well, I happen to think it's the most awesomest thing ever :o) I've been blessed to watch her grow even stronger in her faith through it all. Carolyn made the decision to officially adopt the two little girls (you'll see them in the slideshow) awhile back; they had long been the daughters of her heart. I've been equally blessed to watch those two little girls bloom and grow under her loving care. I put descriptions (found top center) on most the slides, though I didn't know what every single animal was. Feel free to enlighten me, if you know for sure ;o) Click on the Reindeer eye in the top left to open it in Lightbox (I hope - had some trouble with this). Email friends can click here. Enjoy!

...

Have a blessed week everyone - Hugs!


11 comments:

  1. I love flea markets. Haven't been to one in ages though. Way back in the day when my daughter was just a wee little thing, the ex and I would stroll her around the flea market every Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann: You get bonus points for sneaky speed, sistafriend ;o) I almost had apoplexy when I realized I accidentally hit Publish instead of Save right after I started typing my post for this week. Thanks to your quick comment, I think I caught it before it was emailed out all over everywhere. Techno-Twit strikes again - Yeesh. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is one big bunch of animals. What fun to see all of them.. Looks like the children had such a good time. You all have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was indeed, and we didn't even see them all - they are in the process of building new and improved enclosures and moving animals around so not everyone was accessible. A terrific time was most definitely had (by the small AND the tall ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures.

    I started to delete mine then decided I kinda liked them.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is one ugly chair!

    Nice pics from the zoo too. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail: Thank you. I liked yours too, and a great day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gray Horse: Isn't it though? DD and I had a good laugh over it, and then I decided I just had to share it with you guys ;o)

    Thanks - it was LOTS of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the horn furniture was real popular where they steamed them an actually did inlays. I think I found a lot looking at sites for Texas horn furniture and found a museum. like the cutout of the horse. I am in an area where there are a lot of traders, mostly Amish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Jen!
    How I love the super 'collage' of images...you have most certainly dazzled our eyes today. Wow.

    And tho this is a quick comment writing, I did want to answer your question about the orange/yellow flowering plant that is on my post this week...it's called an Ixora. I believe it's native to Old Mexico and thrives in our climate here in South Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the pictures of the animals. before I moved to Iowa there were lots of good flea markets in Sioux City here, but once I got here I can't find most of them. They used to be my aunt's favorite paces.

    ReplyDelete
Your comments really brighten my day!
Emoticons  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...