Slider_JavaScript

MINI POST: I Rode Today (all by myself :o)

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Now maybe to some of you, that's not an earth shattering statement but it is to me. In December of last year I found myself barely able to walk; the diagnosis was Dermatomyositis (a rare muscle disease). It was quite an experience to go from easily slinging 50lb bags of feed to struggling to lift a gallon of milk in the space of a year, but that's how long it took for my diagnosis. Anyway, I felt well enough today to take my favorite handsome man (Shadow) out for a spin. It may not have been a very long ride, (but it was a start!) If you'd like to read more about my adventures with Dermatomyositis, click here.

My daughter and Champ went with us, and (ever one to multi-task) we decided to work on our horse skills and vocabulary at the same time.














Our Shadow may have thoroughly enjoyed his scratches, (you can just see his top lip poking out) but it was Champ who gave us the new and improved definition of the phrase "Happy Trails"...


Some days I just looooove my cameraphone :o)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Good for you, congratulations on riding out, that is fantastic!!!! Shadow and Champ look veeerrrry happy to be out also - Champ looks hilarious, lol.
    Here's to many more happy trails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your ride! :o)))
    Annie
    http://anniehoweskeepsakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
Your comments really brighten my day!
Emoticons  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...