The horrible pun in the title is compliments of Meghann at Little Studio Jewels (I told her I was going to borrow it; awful though it may be :o)
We managed to "box it all in" last night before we ran out of daylight - methinks we're getting warmer...we may even finish this project in time for Christmas. Okay, perhaps that was just a tad sarcastic (but it already feels like we've been working on this for a month, although I know good and well we haven't).
We made a run of three boards all the way down each side. The ends as well as the sections between the stalls will be made using 2x6's for extra stability, but we used 2x4's to run the outside length. This helps us to keep the cost down (I'm not quite sure why, but the pressure treated 2x6's are close to twice the price of a 2x4).
When we've finished putting it all up, we will take down that section of electric fence (you can just see it in the photo above, left)
Our favorite "building inspector" returned, but since there was no auger involved in today's labor she quickly lost interest. She decided she would snack and supervise instead.
Here's the other end of the stalls (photo: above left). The photo on the above right shows the new stalls in conjunction with the training/demonstration area, which is located directly next to the stalls. We left some space between the two, so people would be able to walk down the length of the stalls and see the horses.
All in all, I think it's turning out rather well (of course I don't think we'll win any prizes for beauty, but it works for us! :o) Oh, and thanks for reading this far...